Hardwood Floors was always considered as the best flooring option, due to its durability, style and more. However, the price is quite high and people are trying other flooring option due to the fact that it has become the most common of all. Glass flooring, laminated flooring, bamboo flooring are some common choices in modern flooring designs. However, cork is also quite a good option that people are considering these days. There are certain factors to consider before giving your home cork flooring.
- Before you think of installing cork flooring, it is important to know what it is made of. The bark of the cork tree is used for making cork flooring. The cork oak grows in the Mediterranean and it can give out the bark, every 9 or 10 years, without causing any damage to the tree. This makes it an environment friendly option as the tree is never harmed. So, if you are using cork flooring for your home, you are choosing an option that does not harm the environment.
- The cork is a resilient material which makes it a comfortable surface to stand compared to hard flooring. Suberin which is a part of cork is present in the material. This makes it resistant to flames, antimicrobial, moisture resistant, and even more. The benefits are quite elaborated and one can derive the benefit while using the best cork flooring available in the market.
- Cork has a cellular formation which makes it quite good for temperature insulation, and sound insulation. There are millions of tiny air pockets in the cork which makes it soundproof. It does not cause any sound when someone walks on it. So it is good to touch in bare feet and can be on a place above living space of others.
- Another best part of using cork flooring is that it is renewable. A coating of wax or polyurethane is done on the flooring to make it smooth and durable. It is not difficult to clean the floor. You can vacuum clean, damp mop or sweep in order to clean the floor. In case, the wax coating wears, you can do the coating all by yourself. It is convenient to be replaced and it can be done without any hazard.
- Every cork floor has a different look. No two of them look similar in pattern and that is where the difference lies. The natural color and tan looks absolutely amazing. Your home will always be unique in shades when you have cork flooring on it.
- There are certain things that you need to consider before buying cork flooring. The quality of the material is a factor to consider while choosing the flooring. The density calculated in kg/m3 or lbs/ft3has to be taken into consideration while purchasing it. 500 kg/m3or higher or 30 lbs/ft3or higher will be a good rating for the cork. The finish of the product may vary from one to another but that will not be related to the density.
- There can be both glued and glue less installation of the flooring. It is possible to buy unfinished tiles for the floor and then place the finishing on it. You have to select the appropriate room for the installation of the tiles.
It is important to understand that cork will fade away with time but the color will not look bad. It is a new flooring option that is highly used by people around the world. You can check different websites to get an idea about its look but if you want to know the feel, you can visit the shop nearby for additional information.