The frequency and time of carpet cleaning actually depends on its usage. For carpets which are frequently used, the cleaning has to be done on a much more frequent basis than those which are infrequently used.
The season also plays a role in the selection of the time for carpet cleaning. For example the rainy season can be quite a damp one which can cause moulds, bacteria and other allergens to grow if carpets are not cleaned and dried after the same. In some places the winter can turn out to be a wet and damp season too and hence might require a carpet cleaning at the conclusion of the same.
The longevity and durability of the carpet depends on how well it is maintained but then again carpet cleaning is an exhaustive and expensive proposition. Hence choosing that time of the year when carpet cleaning can be done should be done after a lot of thought and after taking all the factors into account.
Of course vacuuming of the carpet needs to be done on a very regular basis. Vacuuming can be done at home by the members of the family and it is also very helpful in removing almost all debris and disease causing allergens from the same. And the ones which retain their existence within the carpet need to be removed by a thorough professional cleaning at least once a year.
Since professional cleaning of the carpet is being done once a year, the choice of the time becomes a very crucial factor. But there is no such best time of the year when professional carpet cleaning can be done. As mentioned earlier, the lifestyle and season are important factors which help decide on the same. Hence for carpets which are frequently used, the best time for cleaning is:
- In case of a damp and wet spring and a dry winter, the best time would be in winter,
- In case of a wet and damp winter and a dry summer, the best time would be the spring time,
- In case the house is spring cleaned then the carpet also gets a professional clean-up along with the whole house,
- In places where there is a moderate climate throughout the year, the carpet can be cleaned anytime during the year if it starts to feel dirty and icky.
Even more important than the best time of carpet cleaning is the frequency with which it needs to be cleaned. An annual professional cleaning is extremely important in houses which have:
- Many people staying together in it,
- Carpets experiencing heavy footfalls,
- People having allergic reactions or allergens,
- Pets, especially dogs and cats who shed their hair frequently and
People who smoke in the house.
Statistically speaking, the fall or the winter season is generally the best time for giving the carpets a thorough cleaning. This is because it is free from the dampness of the rains and can be dried thoroughly before putting it back into the house. The advent of winter also signifies the advent of the holiday season and a carpet cleaning session at the beginning of this season enhances the beauty of the house.