The decoration of the interiors of the house calls for a professional yet personal approach. The house interiors needs to look clean yet disarrayed, practical yet retain the aesthetics. It should be full of character to impart a bright and positive outlook thus making home coming an experience to look forward to.
In order to achieve this there are certain simple yet clever interior designing tricks which can be implemented at absolutely minimal cost and effort like:
- Proper house colour painting: The character of individual rooms in the house is determined by the colour used to paint its walls and ceiling. Hence to kick start your interior decoration select a proper colour scheme which
- Is compatible with the mood you want a room to reflect,
- Enables the colours of interconnecting rooms to blend in with each other,
- Is completely in harmony with each other and one senses and
- Is also able to virtually enhance the physical attributes of the room.
Choosing proper hues and shades of colours to be used inside your house is a very important aspect of its decor. If done properly, it will transform your home into a very welcoming and attractive place.
- Brighten up your home to increase positive energy: While soft muted colour tones help to enhance the brightness of the room to a great extent, mirrors placed at strategic places help to capture the light and give your room an instant dazzle. In fact decorative mirrors can also be used to fill up empty spaces on the walls as well as to virtually increase the dimensions of a room.
- Mix and match: This is one of the best ways to give your home the correct ambience. Anything too perfect can seem too artificial. This is especially true for houses since imparting a lived-in appearance can actually help the room to give out warm and inviting vibes. Thus an eclectic mix of the old and the new, of expensive decorative items and inexpensive baubles and trinkets etc., only help to reflect the personality and style of people living in the house. In fact mixing up patterns, colours and textures of fabrics used for furniture, curtains, pillows etc. give the rooms a warm, homely and romantic touch.
- Use slip covers: Slip covers especially for furniture and its accessories enable one to keep changing the look and feel of the room. Thus it is very easy to add newness to the decor of the room without actually giving it a complete elaborate and expensive makeover. Since these slip covers can also be easily removed and washed, it also helps to keep the furniture and accessories clean and free from wear and tear.
- Decorate using items you already have: Add originality to your interior designing by using and placing items you already have, innovatively. This will impart uniqueness to your home thereby making it the connoisseur of all eyes. Thus differently shaped and patterned plates which have long lost their other members can be used to create a beautiful pattern on the walls, wooden items can be strategically placed to hold small plants or candles etc.
Interior designing your home is an experience you will hardly ever be able to forget. In fact once you get started, you will be amazed at the number of wonderful things and ideas which will crop up. Implement them and get appreciation from all those who visit your home.