If you have home decoration in mind, we are here to give you the best tips that can ensure the best look for your home. Decorating your home in new ways can give it a fresh look and can make the same interior look more charming. While taking professional assistance for home decoration is always a good idea, but to say the fact, most of the times it is not what we spend for. So, here are the foolproof decorating tips that can help you to give your home a makeover just like the professionals. Read on,
- Place the curtains right: The curtains in your home play a very important role in the overall decoration. Placing curtains just above the windows or doors is an outdated decorating concept. Place those curtains a bit higher, more between the ceiling and the door or window top and also ensure that the end of the curtain graze the hardwood floors. This small change can change a lot of how your home looks.
- Mix and match the furniture shapes: Having all the furniture in a room in same shade can go just fine, but having all of them in similar shape is sure to give the room a stiff look. If your drawing room already has boxed sofas, opt for a triangular center table and a round ottoman to be placed in the same room, and see the changes they bring.
- Place the mirrors right: When it comes to the best tips of decorating your home, it cannot end without saying about the use of mirrors in home decoration. Place an oval mirror with heavy vintage borders just opposite to the main window of the room and see the difference. Mirror helps in reflecting the light, making your rooms appear bigger and brighter.
- Use more colors on the walls: The trick here is to have more than two colors on the walls of the same room. While choosing the colors, chose a lighter shade for 60% of the walls, a darker, similar shade for the other 30% of the walls, and fill up the remaining 10% with a bright contrasting color. For example, if you are using light grey for covering 60% of the walls, use dark grey or dark steel for the rest 30%, and follow up with a shade of dark blue or bluish gray or black for the remaining 10% of the wall.
- Play with the lights: When it comes to decorating your home, never take the lighting lightly. Decoration is all about using lights in the right way. Adding some focusing lights at strategical positions in your rooms can give the room a new look. Use the yellow lights more than the whites to get a dreamy interior. Place focusing lights on the mirrors, pictures and wall decorations in the room. You can also focus the light on particular central or corner furniture. Adding a floor lamp can also be a nice idea.
- Group the furniture and accessories in odd numbers: We are habituated to group everything in even; be it the chairs in the room, the number of flower vases, or the rugs. However, the even grouping is sure to give your home a more formal look, which is more suitable for the offices. So, start grouping the furniture and accessories in odd numbers. Make the chairs to 3; change 2 smaller floor vases for a bigger single vase, and try to include all accessories in odd numbers to break that uniform look.
The above tips are simple to follow and can be implemented with ease if you keep them in mind from the very beginning. So, implement them in your home and see the difference they make.