Tiles not only enhance the beauty of the interior decoration of a room, they also help to protect the floors from damage from various elements. Different materials used to make the floor of the house today include stones, concrete, hardwood, different types of tiles etc. With the floors made of these materials easier to maintain and clean, the use of carpets is slowly becoming a rarity. However, in an effort to combine the rich look a carpet imparts to the room with ease of maintenance, today, many people are opting for carpet tiles. In fact, in the past few years, they have become quite popular because of their:
- Ease of maintenance: These tiles can be easily kept clean and maintained well with regular vacuuming. In case of spills, they can either be mopped or the whole tile lifted and washed, sponged, dried and kept back in its original place. But care must be taken to clean any spills immediately just as is required in case of a real carpet.
- Ease of installation: All carpet tiles come with DIY or do it yourself instructions. They are so easy to install that professionals are rarely required and can be done by the homeowners themselves. It gives the look and feel of the carpet and is flexible enough to be easily adapted to fit even in rooms which are awkwardly shaped. Bolstered with a strong backing, these tiles do not need any underlay and can easily be fitted over tiled, vinyl, laminated, concrete and even wood flooring etc.
- Extremely cost effective: Wall to wall carpet looks and feels good and also adds an extra dimension to the room but are immensely costly. Carpet tiles, on the other hand, give the same look but are very cost effective also because
-> They do not need professional help either for their installation or removal,
-> In case of damage to any particular area, changing only the affected tile will get back the original look thereby eliminating the need for changing the carpet tiles for the whole floor and
-> If taken care of regularly, they have an enhanced shelf life as they are extremely durable, long-lasting and stain resistant in their make.
- Freedom of creativity: In case of a carpet, the same pattern will have to be seen and endured till such time as the need comes to replace it. But with carpet tiles, it is possible to unleash the homeowner’s creativity by enabling him to create his own design with an assortment of tiles. Also if one gets bored with the pattern, they can change it at their own free will and time. Thus installation of one set of carpet tiles enables one to create many different combinations of designs.
- Versatility: Because of their flexibility, carpet tiles are versatile in their use. Hence it is not necessary to restrict their use to only the living room or drawing room because it enables the homeowner to create patterns which can fit into the decor of any and every room. They can also be fitted onto stairs, entrances, rooms, corridors, halls etc., to give the same traditional look as that of a carpet.
- Flexibility: The flexibility of these tiles comes from the fact that
-> They can be installed on any surface,
-> Size and shape of the area to be covered does not matter and
-> Are equally amenable for covering the whole floor or for a small section of the floor.
Carpet tiles are also safer to use as there is no danger of slipping and subsequently falling on a carpet tile. Needless to say that purchasing carpet tile of substandard make will not enable one to avail of any of the above advantages. Hence it is always advisable to go in for the best carpet tiles available so as to get value for money in the long run.