Flooring is one of the most expensive parts of building a house and it is something that you cannot change every now and then. A lot of effort goes into building a floor of the house and more effort is required to choose the right flooring options. No matter how big or small your house may be, there is no requirement that all the rooms will have the same flooring type. Homeowners generally place a lot of effort in choosing the flooring for living and bed room but same kind of effort is needed for the bathroom too. The bathroom floor is the most vulnerable want due to water usage and thus, the options must be considered before making an investment.
Tips to select the best bathroom floors
- There are several options available when it comes to choosing the bathroom floor, tile being the most prominent one. The ceramic tile comes in many designs and colors and they can resist water in the best possible manner. These are durable, stain-resistant, waterproof and last for a long period of time. However, they are not quite slip-resistant and thus, you shall choose a tile that is certified slip-resistant.
- If you are installing tile flooring for your bathroom it is important to think about the coldness that it can bring. The tiles are generally cold under your feet and that can be quite uncomfortable especially during the winter season. You can invest in a heating system under the floor as that will keep your feet warm inside the bathroom. It is not going to be a bad investment for sure as it will run for a long period of time.
- Vinyl is also a good flooring option for bathroom. You can create any look and design with the vinyl flooring. It fits your budget and at the same time, it is durable too. It feels softer than wood or tiles and thus is a comfortable flooring option for the bathroom. This makes it a safer flooring option as slips and falls will be limited in this case.
- You can also consider cork as a good flooring option for bathrooms. It does not only look good but it is water resistant too. At the same time it is resistant to mold and mildews. polyurethane topcoating will be required for the flooring and it has to be resealed every few years in order to keep its beauty intact. It is a eco-friendly flooring option for bathrooms.
- Bamboo flooring is soon becoming a choice for bathroom and kitchen. The look is similar to hardwood but the cost is low. It can be maintained easily and is a quite eco-friendly option. Engineered bamboo is a better choice for the bathroom as that will be water resistant and will last for a longer period of time.
- Stone flooring is also a prominent choice for the bathrooms. The limestone and granite flooring is front-runner in the competition. The non-porous formation is best for bathrooms and it will remain in proper shape and form for a long period of time. The price is high but it can be compared to its durability.
While choosing the flooring for your bathroom, it is important to note the usage and cost of the flooring. The choice of color will be dependent on the décor of the home. Modern homes have bigger bathrooms and much is spent on the interior of them. Making your budget before you go into the shopping spree will be an additional benefit. There are companies that can guide you with the choice. You can also search the local stores for best available options.