Home decoration is a major part of home building. If you have purchased a big home but have not placed any importance on the decoration, it will not be quite worthwhile. Similarly, if it is just a small house and you have decorated it in a good manner, it will be eye-catching and will please the visitors and people living in the home. While there are several things that can be used for decorating the home, one of cheapest items is the rug. Area rug for home decorating is not a new concept but it is catching up soon as an affordable option.
Area rugs can be made of several materials and the price will largely depend on it. The most common rugs are made of wool but they are costly too. There are several other variants, some are synthetic and easy to clean but they don’t look as classy. If you are thinking of decorating your home, area rug can be a good option for sure. While choosing a rug for the decoration, it is first important to choose the design. Once you are sanguine about the design you want, you can then move on to the fabric and the paint.
Tips For Decorating Your Home With Rugs
- One of the most important factors of choosing area rug for home is the family. If you are having kids and pets in your home, choosing a rug made of wool will be the best option. They are not only easy to clean but when they have some patter, it is easy to hide the stains, spills and more. There are stains that cannot be cleaned and for them, pattern rugs are quite important.
- It is very important to use the rug in such a way that the size of the rug is smaller than the size of the furniture. There shall be enough floor space for the circulation. It will not only look good but also adequate for the furniture in place.
- Bold patterns look really good in the living room. Unexpected pattern or rich color will make an area look wider and bring the concentration on the rug. No matter how the other décor items of the room are, the rug will have all the attention. This will not make you spend more on other items in the room.
- You can add colors to your décor with the area rugs. There can be different colors for one room or separate rooms may have separate colors too. This color theme is best for kid’s room as they will love the use of colors.
- It is not important to have just one rug in one room. You can have more than one rug in the room and locate them in such a way that they look good. You can have separate rugs around separate furniture. This will also define the spaces of the room.
- Whenever you are using a rug on the floor, make sure you have some part of the floor uncovered. This will make the floor and the rug look good. This will also make the space look bigger than what it is.
There are several ways you can add value to the décor of your home, area rug being just one of them. It is important that you buy rugs after consulting an interior designer. However, you can choose the options depending on your own taste and personality. There are also some showrooms with large variety of option as far as rugs are concerned. You can ask them for ideas and talk about mixing and matching the patterns.