Flooring options for corporate offices are slightly different from those that people generally use for their residences. Corporate mean professionalism and the scope to play with creativity becomes limited. Whatever the flooring option used, care must be taken to ensure that there is:
- No frivolity involved in the same: Yet there is an element of freshness, of originality involved in the same. The floors have to be stylish especially for high impact areas so as to create the correct impression on customers, clients and other business associates and visitors.
- An element of durability: It is not possible for corporate to be closed down for long durations for renovations and remodelling of their office spaces. This translates directly in loss of business and other inconvenience which directly or indirectly hamper customer and client relations. Hence it is best to opt for durable and green options, if possible, so as to avoid this sort of disruption.
- No need for elaborate cleaning and maintenance: Use of flooring materials with virtually no maintenance and cleaning hassles ensures that there is minimal
- Disruption of valuable business hours
- Wastage of finances and
- Hindrance to day to day activities which facilitate office productivity.
- Carpet tiles: Ideal for offices needing noise insulation, carpet tiles offer flexibility of designs and styles and also offer insulation thereby bringing down the utility bills. Even though they are prone to staining, the fact that individual tiles can be easily replaced negates this problem. In fact the wide range of styles that they come in provides architects with greater scope to incorporate aesthetics with professionalism.
- Vinyl flooring: This is probably the best corporate flooring option available today since they are:
- Long-lasting and durable,
- Resilience and therefore more resistant to damage,
- Ideal for places witnessing heavy footfall,
- Offer a wide range of colours and styles and
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Hardwood flooring: Imparting a timeless elegance to a professional environment, the hardwood flooring is perfect for businesses because of its:
- Timeless appeal which can elevate the looks of any office,
- Durability and eco-friendliness and
- Easy maintenance and cleaning methods.
The fact that it is prone to damage from water and moisture can however be taken care of by using prefinished hardwood tiles.
- Laminated floor: The most inexpensive option available for corporate office, the laminate flooring has a lot to offer like:
- Ease of installation, maintaining and cleaning,
- Dent and scratch free which increases its durability and
- Come in many different types which offer greater flexibility in the interior decoration of the office space.
- Tiles: These too offer a wide range of options from ceramic to stones and even glass and concrete etc. Tiles are extremely durable and not easy to wear out. Requiring only regular cleaning, they help to retain the beauty and grace of the interiors of the office for a longer time.
Taking the above into account the options which are best suited to be used as flooring in corporate and other business organisations are:
The choice of the final selection depends on the kind of work the corporate is involved in. Thus, choosing the option which best suits the ideology of the business makes for a combination which gives out positive vibes thereby increasing the productivity of the business.